Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Equality In Schools

Equality is one of the schools top priorities. Whether it is from race to religion. All teachers need to treat there students fairly. This whole blog came from a experience I had with a certain teacher. To set the scene, I was gone Tuesday from school, and I was amazed of how much the teachers care. So when I went after the final bell rang to talk to my last teacher, and turn in a assignment that was due the day before, I thought it would be a piece of cake.

Me: Mr. Teacher what notes did I miss yesterday?

Teacher: Just a second I need to talk to this girl first.

(I didn’t really mind, I just got in back of the line, and started to listen to there conversation)

Teacher: Hey!! How ya doin’!!!

Girl: Um, well not to good.

Teacher: What’s going on??

Girl: Well, I still don’t have the assignment that was due yesterday.
(At this point she started to get a little teary)

Teacher: Why don’t you have it yet, it was due yesterday!

Girl: Well, my parents wouldn’t let me.
(She then started to sob and to the little thing where your gasping for air)

Teacher: What do you mean they wouldn’t let you?

Girl: Well, they just are always mean, and they wouldn’t let me do it, they made me go to bed. (This point in time she was obnoxiously crying everywhere, and I sat there with a look on my face like I was going to die laughing. See, this teacher is very strict about due dates and I just knew he would just say “Tough Luck” to this girl.)

Teacher: Oh, well that all right I’ll just put it in as a hundred.

(She then leaves, and I sit there amazed, and then stand up to talk to him.)

Me: Here’s my assignment that I didn’t get to turn into because I was at the State Math Contest.

Teacher: Well you guys were here before and after school you could have turned it in then.

Me: Well sorry, I didn’t see you here, you were out of your classroom.

Teacher: Fine, I’ll take it.

I was relieved that he at least took my assignment, so I just forgot about the notes and just get them from someone else.

I got on the computer after school, and checked my grades. With only two grades, I had a A, and a F. F!!!??!??! For what!!! I then looked and noticed that Mr. Teacher only gave me 50% on a assignment that a weeping girl got on 100% on because she can fake cry. If that lowers my grade at the end of term. I swear I will complain!! That teacher makes me so mad, because he plays favorites like nothing else. And this weeping girl was one of them. And I always have been, but I can’t put on a big act to get a 4.0. Next time I don’t have time to do a assignment I’ll just get a little teary and blame it on my parents. Wouldn’t that be reasonable and responsible?

1 comment:

Starchild28 said...

That is so stupid!!! I can't believe a teacher would do something like that!!! Lets hope that someone slaps him in the face before the end of the term!