Sunday, December 10, 2006

Kid In The Commons

“He’s there every day”, Speck of Sand whispered in my ear. I looked around making sure no one was listening in. “Well, how do you know he is a he, if you know what I mean”. Giving her a little nudge she realized that I could be right. The rest of the lunch period, which was not much, we spent staring at IT, trying not to be to obvious though.

After the bell rang the kids rushed off to there different lives, including IT. I cautionally followed him for a little ways until I couldn’t follow any longer and I had to go to Spanish. All through Spanish I spent my time turning my pencil around in my finger pondering, pondering, pondering. Why was he sitting there? Why is he there EVERY day? Why doesn’t he sit with anyone? The next day me and Speck Of Sand ate our lunches and returned to our spot in the commons where we watched and watched.

I’m sorry to say that I have not figured out most of this mystery. I just know he’s there every day. But this brought my mind to the thought of why is there the “In” crowd, and then the “Out” crowd. So I thought up this LIST OF POPULARITY.

Very Popular Kids: Everyone knows them and wants to be around them. Seem to be beautiful/handsome. Usually SBO officers or Cheerleaders.

Popular For The Wrong Reason: People who spend there days in ISS, wear pants down to what seems to be FEET below the regular spot.

Lower Popular Kids: Hang around the Very Popular Kids and just try to get a little bit of the light that they receive. Desperate to reach that level.

Very Popular of the Unpopular Kids: Get a little glimpse of the “popular life”. Usually pretty good looking. Seem to own the next section. Usually comfrotable where they are.

Very Unpopular of the Unpopular Kids: People to like to seem them as “nerds”, or “losers. But they seem to be awkward or have some reason to not be able to reach a higher level.

Loners: Nobody knows them, maybe because they’re new, because they’re awkward and no one can stand to be near them.

So with IT, which section is he in? He/she dresses fancy, seems to be a sorta gothic kind of person. So he has people just like him. But he doesn’t seem to know anyone. So technically he is classified as a Loner, but is he? Maybe he just has friends in 2nd lunch. But no one sees him with anyone else, and he’s not smiling, so people classify him as a loner, and find no need to get to no him. I must admit it’s hard to want to get to know him when you can’t tell if it’s a boy or a girl.

I think this is very sad, people classify him/ her as that without even thinking about his/ her background, his/ her life, his/ her problems. No one has took there time to get to know him/ her.

Sorry this blog may have seemed all over the place, I just have A LOT on my mind, and everything is so confusing. But people aren’t classifying me by those problems. Or are they?

1 comment:

strawberrymango said...

I think i know who ur talking about... and my luch group thinks its a girl..... just go ask the person's name....