Saturday, March 03, 2007

TALE OF THE SHRIT PART #2!!!!!!!!!

My family argued whether I should go to the hospital or not with the chemicals in my thumb and such. Finally we decided if I was dead the next morning, we probably should have gone to the hospital. But everything was fine and I continued living my life.

I went through the endless pile of clothes that my mom made me go through. Donate pile, throw away pile, and keep pile. After several hours I was finally reaching the bottom of the pile when at the bottom I found the pink Old Navy shirt that had gone through so much on that day in October. Looking closely at the shirt, I found no evidence of the accident with the beaker and the blood. There was something about that shirt, other then it could get stains out easily, I remembered the day I bought it and the promise I made that I would never wear it again. But yet, I found myself throwing it in the keep pile.

My alarm clock rang it’s song as I turned and turned it off, but I fell asleep as soon as I turned it off. I then woke up and felt the sun in my face. “OH CRAP!!!” The sun was out and it was already 7:30, I threw some clothes on, not caring if they were matching, and basically had to kick my sister out the door to drive me. I kept my perfect attendance and did not get a tardy, but quietly sat in seminary wishing that I could be home asleep. I dragged my feet the rest of the day and was excited when 6th period was coming because the school day was almost over. While waiting for the bell to ring I finally looked at my outfit and saw my pink Old Navy shirt, giggling on the outside but frowning in the inside I started my bell activity.

Mrs. C announced we would be doing some labs called “The Water Olympics”. My lab partner was barely tolerable and I started to sketch out this boat to have drive across the water. Sketching it out with a knife I suddenly didn’t realize how easy soap was to coat and the pocket knife thing pierced my thumb in the exact same spot as where the beaker cut my thumb. This was worse then the beaker, because remembering the past experience with science and cutting things I threw everything far away from my thumb and ran to the paper towel dispenser and put numerous paper towel around my bleeding thumb and continued to because it just kept on bleeding through. Afraid of Mrs. C, I decided that I would keep it a secret and pick up everything off the floor and once the bell rang I ran to Mr. Cater and asked for a band-aid. And then took a sigh of relief when he had one.

I had no blood on my shirt luckily, but knew when I wanted something weird and interesting to happen to me I would just wear my pink Old Navy shirt. So then when Mr. Carter saw the many paper towels he asked me what happened. I replied “It’s a long story”, knowing that it all started on some day in October.

3 comments:

Alina said...

HAHAHAHHA! What's with you and that shirt? Is it a curse? And always happening in science too!

Did Mr. Carter say anything else?

Laura said...

I believe he just look at me weird and then didn't ask anything else after I said, "It's a long story". He probably wasn't intrested. HAHA.

Lou Lou said...

So have you worn that shirt since?