Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happy 10th Blog

First of all I would like to wish myself a Happy 10th Blog Anniversary!! And for this week I decided to write about two of the most important people in my life, my dad, and my sister Heidi. My dad has been gone lately the past 2 weeks on 2 seperate work trips. This is bad for me because he can’t help me with my homework, he can’t take me driving (my mom refuses to get in a car with me), and he’s just not here.

I don’t want this to sound like all the 1st grade repots on “Why My Dad Is The Best.” But even if he isn’t the best dad in the world, ˙he is my favorite dad, and my only one. But anyways, I see a lot of girls with dads that are sort of mean, and the kids absolutley hate them. I can’t say I have never hated him, because that time he just wouldn’t go buy my caculator and he had to fix a old one, but for the most part he is a great person.

My dad is the kind of person who has the driest sence of humor in the world. I swear he will just make up the weirdest stuff and he’ll laugh hysterically, and you won’t even think it’s funny but you laugh anyway because of his laugh. He is the kind of person that puts others before him, and would do anything for his kids. He’s the kind of person that is just all together jolly and seems to never be sad.

My dad has a lot of little “catch phrases” you may say. Such things as “grumps go to bed”, and “you broke it, just like you wanted it.” You may not realliy find this funny, but after living here for 15 years, you sort of learn them. And it’s just sort of one of his dry humor things. But I love him a lot, and right now I miss him and can’t wait him to get back in 2 more days!!

My sister Heidi is the best! Right now she is away in Spain and will be back in August. Every week when I read her e-mail it says stuff like, “You’re the best sister ever,” and other stuff. But when I write stuff like that, it just doesn’t seem to be enough. There’s no way I can tell her what she means to me. Because she means the world to me, she is the nicest person, and I am really lucky to have her as my sister.

She is seriously really nice, just like my dad, she never has her bad days, or her bad moments. She’s always really happy and she just loves life. Right now being away from my sister has made me miss her a lot. And I can’t wait for the day we get to go to the airport to pick her up. I don’t know if she will ever get the chance to read this. But I hope she does. So that she will know that she means the world to me.

You may ask why a sudden change in blog topics, well it’s my sister’s Heidi’s Birthday!! I would like to with her a Happy Birthday over the sea. And hope she has a great day! Because she deserves a great day.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry, her birthday is actually in 1 1/2 hours. My bad, my bad.

Alina said...

That's nice talking about your dad.

P.S. What's with the "If you're a maniac from China GET A LIFE!"

Sunshine2000 said...

Where does it say that? "If you're a maniac from China GET A LIFE!" Did I miss some thing?

Laura said...

It says that at the very top, because anyone in the world can read this, so I was afraid some China man was stalking me!